• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Good stereo amp.

Johnytuono

Established Member
Hi
Apologies if this in the wrong forum.
I'm thinking of buying the yam 761 to use for my dvds, xbox, V+ etc. I read somewhere that for music listening a stereo amp. via the pre outs is the way to go. What model/make would people suggest to me, up to £400 budget.
Ta in advance
JohnyT

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Presumably you listen to more music than watch movies if you're going to allocate £400 towards a hifi amp. Putting £400 towards an integrated hifi amp would hopefully mean you have some pretty good speakers to hook it up to? What speakers do you have? What music source are you connecting? TBH, I would get down to the dealers armed with some of your CD's and have a listen, preferably with the same speakers.

If you play games and watch movies more than listen to music, I would be tempted to get a better AV receiver and add a 2nd hand integrated amp from the likes of Sony, Marantz, Arcam, HK, CA etc.

I would get the mods to move this to the hifi separates forum though as you would get a better response there.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom