Good Source of Cheap HD-DVDs

scgf

Established Member
Reaction score
I've bought many HD-DVDs from DVD Pacific (www.dvdpacific.com) in Florida. Apollo 13, for example is only £12.89 delivered (compared to £14.96 at Amazon and £16.99 at Movietyme). Orders arrive within a week.

Just make sure you choose the cheapest shipping option - it says ground, but it is airmail.

Sorry if this has been aired before, but I use this company so much and it consistently undercuts the competition.

I must be using their search engine wrong or something, they only appear to have 2 HD DVDs in stock!

On their welcome page you need to scroll down a little and you will see two panels on the right side of the window. The first is for BluRay, the one underneath is HD-DVD. Just click the HD-DVD panel.

You are able to opt for prices in GBP, if you do this after viewing the HD-DVDs, you will need to go back to the welcome page and re-click the HD-DVD panel.

Thanks, thats better, knew I something was up, searching for HD DVD never works!!

I've been saying that DVDPacific are generally cheaper than every other source for quite some time, but no one listens to me :(

I received Spy Game and Bone Collector before there US release as they sent them a week early. :smashin:

Thanks for the info on this supplier, never used them before so ordered a couple nof HD DVDs to see how it goes? Did them in separate orders in case the HMCE get hold of them :eek:

For future reference, when you finalise your order, select 'hold until complete' - that means basically that they will ship that DVD by itself. Otherwise they may combine orders even if you order items separately.

A friend used to get boxes of 5 or 6 DVDs and only very occasionally were they stopped at customs and a charge levied so you should be OK if they ship your two DVDs together.

I can confirm that these are indeed Super Fast when shipping out Movies.

Ordered 2 Movies (Into the Blue and Devils Rejects, BD) last Saturday, got an email Monday of this week to say that they had Shipped.

Turned up bright and early this morning. :clap:

Now to move all my Amazon Pre-Orders over :devil:

scgf said:
For future reference, when you finalise your order, select 'hold until complete' - that means basically that they will ship that DVD by itself. Otherwise they may combine orders even if you order items separately.

A friend used to get boxes of 5 or 6 DVDs and only very occasionally were they stopped at customs and a charge levied so you should be OK if they ship your two DVDs together.

Thanks for this altghough some on pre-order with different release dates so hopefully will be ok although will do this in future :smashin:

adrianwright said:
Ordered 2 Movies (Into the Blue and Devils Rejects, BD) last Saturday, got an email Monday of this week to say that they had Shipped.
They already shipped Devils Rejects? Thought it was supposed to be delayed by a week. Has it got a DTS HD track on it?

lfletcher said:
They already shipped Devils Rejects? Thought it was supposed to be delayed by a week. Has it got a DTS HD track on it?

They did indeed ship Devils Rejects. Did not pay too much attention to the sound options I am afraid, can look tonight if you like?

scgf said:
I've bought many HD-DVDs from DVD Pacific (www.dvdpacific.com) in Florida. Apollo 13, for example is only £12.89 delivered (compared to £14.96 at Amazon and £16.99 at Movietyme). Orders arrive within a week.

Just make sure you choose the cheapest shipping option - it says ground, but it is airmail.

Sorry if this has been aired before, but I use this company so much and it consistently undercuts the competition.

Never seen this site before. WOW, those prices are cheap. Thanks:smashin:

Is the price differnce between Amazon the delivery?

adrianwright said:
They did indeed ship Devils Rejects. Did not pay too much attention to the sound options I am afraid, can look tonight if you like?
If you could that would be great. Would be nice to know if its proper DTS HD or just full bitrate normal DTS.

Nic Rhodes said:
Is the price differnce between Amazon the delivery?
Pretty much so. Even with the 10% off from Amazon, Pacific is generally cheaper (and their shipping is quicker than Amazon's).

gazzared_typer said:
Just noticed that postage is on top. Do you pick surface mail, the cheapest, or go for air mail for the quicker delivery?
Always go for the cheapest one personally. Things normally take a week to arrive.

Probably. Haven't had time to compare pre-shipping prices.

On occasions I have found the film I want to buy at Amazon.com and then gone to the right side of the screen where it says 'More buying choices'. Amazon allows other sellers to list the same item, very often cheaper. I've bought the odd bargain this way too.

scgf said:
All my HD-DVDs from DVD Pacific have been US versions.

If you want Canadian, try www.dvdboxoffice.com

I thought these guys were a total no-no now, don't they leave you wiating for weeks/months/ever after you have placed orders for items they don't have in stock??? Or have things changed?

lfletcher said:
If you could that would be great. Would be nice to know if its proper DTS HD or just full bitrate normal DTS.

It states DTS HD sound on the Packaging, and Main Menu, but just shows on my Amp as DTS ES. Not sure if that helps.

nictry said:
I thought these guys were a total no-no now, don't they leave you wiating for weeks/months/ever after you have placed orders for items they don't have in stock??? Or have things changed?
No mate,That is DVDSOON:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Dvdboxoffice are ok,but NEVER use dvd(never)soon

Placed an order tonight for HD DVDs and compared DVD Pacific vs Amazon, made interesting reading. Order went to Amazon where I also got my 10% off

Film [Amazon price] (DVD Pacific Price)
Unleashed [$23.95] ($25.67)
Slither [$24.99] ($31.59) Pre Order
Ray [$14.99] ($20.31)
Good Night Good Luck [$27.95] ($31.54)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom