• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Good shop to test home cinema speakers required in south east

SI1977

Standard Member
Hi All,

I've been researching speakers for my home cinema for sometime and really need to test some now. I don't know whether to go for style speakers (Kef 2005) or more traditional 5.1 packages and i guess the only way to decide is to test them for myself.

Room size is 16 by 9 and will have a 90" screen with projector so I really want to achieve a cinema sound experience to compliment the large screen.

On a searate note, I also need to test projectors too so any recommendations on good projector shops would be great too.

Cheers

Si.

HiFiRuss71

Distinguished Member
And it's a very good place to demo HC, with a wide variety of rooms and kit, both audio and visual.

If you're serious enough to have a 90" screen, don't waste time with the style packages and their cardboard subs.

Kent Home Cinema (AV Sales online) are the only place where you can demo the SVS SBS-01 package, which if you can ignore the substance over style on offer, really do punch well above their weight.

Demo them first and then see if you can live with anything else they can offer and that'll include the room they have with the M&K Xenons.

Ring them up, discuss your requirements and they'll show you what you need to see/hear. They're very knowledgable and a cut above most high street dealers. Well worth the trip.

Russell

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom