1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Service From Pixmania

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by docsmith2k1, Feb 25, 2004.

1. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Such good service I feel it deserves a mention. I ordered a black Pentax Optio S4 from the site late on Sunday night. They phoned early Monday morning to confirm my order. My parcel arrived at 11 am on Tuesday morning - BUT there was no Optio in the box. Emailed Pixmania at 12 to let them know - I received an email at 3pm saying they would sent a replacement - It arrived (intact) today at 10.30am. Well done Pixmania (Good price too):clap:

2. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Ok, come on now, how much do you want for the first Optio? lol.

I've used them a few times and no problems

3. Johnmel

Johnmel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I don't rate them that highly. In the March edition of " total digital Photographer " there was a full page Pixmania ad offering the Canon Ixus 400 for £254, which was obviously a mistake, as
    the lowest price quoted on Pricerunner was just over £300. Despite numerous emails most of which remained unanswered and several lengthy phone calls, they would not honour this price.
    I even faxed them a copy of the advertisement to prove it as they
    did not believe me.

Also are you are aware that they are based in Paris and that if anything goes wrong with the equipment during the 2 year warranty period, you actually have to pay the carriage charges to
    Paris and back.

4. bluetoffee

bluetoffee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard many positives and negatives about Pixmania in various forums. I haven't used them myself yet, but may do in the future.

They do tend to have good offers and, when combined with a Pixmania discount voucher, such as those that are sometimes displayed at http://www.retrolink.co.uk/link/Pixmania.php the prices are very competitive.

I would buy from them with a discount voucher but am wary of them being based in France.

5. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    I used Pixmania for the first time sunday evening when ordering a Sony DSC-P120. The camera arrived on the wednesday, so the delivery service is top notch!!

I noticed that the had made an error and listed an item on the website that wasn't actually included in the package I received. They didn't actually stock this item, so after telephone call and a couple of emails a compenstation deal for this error was agreed and processed.

I would highly recommend this company, as their prices, delivery, and customer service on this order have been top draw. :smashin:

6. taimur

taimur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do they send English instruction manuals or French ones?

7. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    I believe it depends on the make of camera you are ordering, my Sony camera came with the usual europeon instructions, french, english, germany etc..... I think there is a page on their site that states the companies that won't ship with english instructions and they provide links to the manufacturer's website instead.

My Sony camera did come with a europeon plug, but they supplied a UK shaver/adaptor plug for use over here.

Hope this helps,

Giz. :)

8. trent24

trent24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pixmania are a very trust worthy company. The reason that they can offer such good prices sometimes is because they are also a distributor as well as a retailer and so get better buy prices.

HTH

Trent24