Good series to watch

Seeky

Established Member
Reaction score
after watching breaking bad and thinking it was amazing I now need another series to get into so I can ether watch BB again lol or new series
Heard people go on about House of cards a lot

Deadwood is a cracking series and it can be picked up quite cheaply now. :)

I will look that one up thanks
Just be warned there more swearing in it than you hear than in a children's playground.:D Seriously I don't think a sentence goes by without a swear word in it.
I only saw a couple of episodes but I enjoyed the two I saw which was Boardwalk Empire.

If you haven't watched The West Wing, make it a priority :)

Thanks guys still looking there are quite a few out there but that's why I wanted a few options.. Like I said I thought breaking bad was so good really enjoyed watching it

Deadwood seems a strange suggestion as the op mentioned Breaking Bad. Despite it being a completely different genre I don't think its in the same league as Breaking Bad.

I would have suggested:

The Shield
Sopranos
The Wire

my recommendations would be The West Wing and The Sopranos, both are amazing but different.

House of Cards season 1 & 2 were good, 3 is a bit slow. There is also Sons of Anarchy.

Have you seen The Wire? I've heard that's a good show.

Breaking Bad
The Shield
The Sopranos
The Wire

The Jewels in the TV Crown.

Happy Valley
Really enjoyed that series and hope the next one is just as good. I only came in in the second episode and still enjoyed it and even watch all of it again when they repeated it.
No real spoilers >Happy Vally

That reminds me of the two series of Line of Duty two different storys but connections.
Frome Wiki.
Line of Duty, a British police proceduraldrama created by Jed Mercurio, aired on 26 June 2012. The first series was BBC Two's best-performing drama series in 10 years, with a consolidated audience of 4.1 million viewers.[1] The drama was recommissioned for a second series, and the first episode was broadcast on 12 February 2014.[2] The second series achieved widespread public and critical acclaim,[3] and, on 8 April 2014, the BBC commissioned two further series.[4] In April 2014, Line of Duty was included in a list of the Top 50 BBC Two shows of all-time.

Since you enjoyed Breaking Bad so much, it's worth watching Better Call Saul if you haven't already seen it.

I agree Happy Valley was a terrific series and is also a nice short one to choose if you fancy a sprint before your next marathon!

Happy Valley was filmed quite close to where I live. We've seen quite a lot of TV drama round these parts in the last few years.

What I liked about Happy Valley was the fact that it started off as a sort of relatively light police drama meets Last Tango in Halifax, and over 6 programmes turned into a very dark Yorkshire Fargo.

Steve W

Happy Valley was filmed quite close to where I live. We've seen quite a lot of TV drama round these parts in the last few years.

What I liked about Happy Valley was the fact that it started off as a sort of relatively light police drama meets Last Tango in Halifax, and over 6 programmes turned into a very dark Yorkshire Fargo.

Steve W
Recommended it to a mate who usually likes my recommendations but said he could not watch because Sarah Lancashire was the star and he would keep thinking of her as Raquel.
Well by the end of the series you have no doubts that this char was Raquel or not, and that would be a not.

Wasn't the title of the series taken from an area in Yorkshire where there is a lot of drug use, thus they were happy?

BTW think its the first time I've seen Joe Armstrong but thought Alun must be his dad hes almost a clone.

Wasn't the title of the series taken from an area in Yorkshire where there is a lot of drug use, thus they were happy?

It's how some local police refer to Halifax and the surrounding area.

The series was shot in the western part of West Yorkshire - Halifax, Huddersfield and the small towns and villages around there.

I'm trying to remember, I'm not sure Halifax is actually named in the series itself as the town where it's set, but if it isn't it's a fictional town based on Halifax, with other local locations used as appropriate.

Steve W

It's how some local police refer to Halifax and the surrounding area.

The series was shot in the western part of West Yorkshire - Halifax, Huddersfield and the small towns and villages around there.

I'm trying to remember, I'm not sure Halifax is actually named in the series itself as the town where it's set, but if it isn't it's a fictional town based on Halifax, with other local locations used as appropriate.

Steve W
I have some relations in a village west of Huddersfield and I think the hardest they got to taking drugs is taking 2 aspirin at once.:)

I live near a a location where they shot a lot of a police drama and was funny they show one shot where someone was walking round a corner and they end up on the other side of town next shot.

Thanks guys still looking there are quite a few out there but that's why I wanted a few options.. Like I said I thought breaking bad was so good really enjoyed watching it
I dont know how the price compares with other dealers and is missing season 5 the last one but 1-4 of Broadwalk Empire is at £37.99 on Lightning deal at Amazon finishes at 12.10pm.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Game of Thrones and The West Wing.

That is all you need to watch.

Sons of Anarchy is utterly fantastic. Not quite the same genre as BB, but not too far off either. Similar modern day US underworld setting, lots of rich personalities, extreme violence, and morally challenging main characters. And deaths. Lots of deaths.

My third favourite US drama series after BB and Game of Thrones.

Definitely Fargo for a brilliantly made crime drama with quirky elements. Also Ray Donovan that's fantastically watchable.
Love Justified too, I'd definitely recommend that over Deadwood. There's some crossover with actors in the last 3 I mentioned there.

Game of Thrones is almost unmissable for us , especially if you dont read the books as there are truly shocking moments that are truly unexpected . more than that though as its filled with great charectors and exelent casting and multiple stortlines .

House of Cards is on a par with the BBC series if not better and we cant wait for the fourth series. Again exelent casting .

Hannible , completely different to the books and films and can be a little confusing if you have folkowed them. Get past that though and its like arthouse grotesque on a grand scale. We love it.

Fortitude , took my breath away with a slow burn story in a fantastic landscape. Another with great casting.

Currently watching Narcos on Netflix and after the first three eoisodes I'm hooked.

Hannibal,
Bates Motel,
The Wire,
Battlestar Galactica
and the superb Friday Night Lights.

Oh yes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom