good receiver for tannoy mx speakers.

D

duncanvdlinden

Hi everyboy!!

i'm looking for a good 5.1 receiver for my Tannoy mercury mx-m speakers. i've now a Kennwood krf-5020 and i think it's a bottleneck for mine speakers. the stereo performance is to bad.
i'm a 17 year old student and i'm looking in the price range of a marantz rv4200/5200. The prices in holland are a little bit different :)
i was thinking the marantz rv4200 is a good receiver to match to this speakers.
but al lot of people say the marantz had not much bass.
is the marantz rv4200 a good receiver for my speakers?
Stereo is most inportend part for me than surround. i only need the surround mode for watching movies. 5.1 surround (DTS, DD) is enough for me. is it a well worth uprade in stereo performance?

my speakers:
front: 2x Tannoy mx2
rear: 2x Tannoy mx1
center: 1x mxc

can they help me?
thanx Duncan

sorry about my bad english.

Sony 5.1 amps/receivers are pretty good with Tannoy, I have the previous Tannoy MX range and a Sony STRDB830 amp, plenty of power. The amp has been superceded now with newer models which should mean you can pick one up for peanuts. Excellant amp IMHO.

Pictues on my website.

Duncan

If you have set your heart on the Marantz its only £200 here

I have the Denon avr-1803 on order for £300 it does all the sound formats you need, but if 5.1 is enough for you maybe the Marantz is the one to go for.

Originally posted by Timh
Duncan

If you have set your heart on the Marantz its only £200 here

I have the Denon avr-1803 on order for £300 it does all the sound formats you need, but if 5.1 is enough for you maybe the Marantz is the one to go for.

the problem is, i'm live in Holland,
to far for me:clown:

but have the one with a sony receiver compare it with other receivers.
i can buy sony products with reduced costs ;)

or is the marantz a better choice???

Personnally I would stear clear of sony products, thats just my oppinion though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom