1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good quality Wall mount for projector.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mcaw, Sep 1, 2003.

1. mcaw

mcaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    First post.

Found this at CPC for wall mounting panasonic ae100
    Looks ideal.

Here.

Has anybody used it ?

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya.

Sure I've seen pictures of it posted here before. Should do the job but TV brackets (Argos!!) are more common - they are more flexible with regard to PJ positioning.

A quick search should yield more results.

BTW, I fixed your link - 'twas dead ;)

3. mcaw

mcaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    cheers

4. Anders_UK

Anders_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its the same with any mount that you get for your projector, if you really want a good display then you have to minimise the amount of digital correction applied in the geometry.

The only way to do this is by having the adjustments in the 6 degrees of freedom, central to the exit pupil and theoretical projection point in the optics. I have no doubt these mounts do work but I just question the errors made when positioing them. I certainly wouldn't like to fix it to a wall first without having a dry alignment run to check final install!!

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry m8, I don't follow you - I only speak english ;)

:p

6. Anders_UK

Anders_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK. Consider this then....asume that the PJ is firing a perfect rectangle doesn't matter the aspect. The light making up that image must eminate from a source, chip or phosphor. If you trace back the light path of each pixel you can theoretically go all the way back to a single point in space. Projection point!

Although it doesn't quite work because the light is obviously not a single point. And in practice comes from an exit pupil. However from this then..considering all light is coming from a single point if you have a rotation that is not on this point then you will incorporate other errors into you positioning.

So for a given rotation, you will then have a sideways error and a throw distance error. Having said all this though, if you allow enough room for these needed adjustments then you will still be able to achieve a good alignment hopefully without the need for correction.

7. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Is your other hobby bacteria by any chance..;)

8. Anders_UK

Anders_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I regularly top up my good bacteria!! ;-)

Nah, I do this thing for a job but on a bigger scale. Theme parks and stuff...

just trying to improve your viewing pleasure..

9. mcaw

mcaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The mount should give me left/right and up/down degrees of movement,
    Together with up/down and left/right positioning of mount on wall, I think I have everything I need.
    It also looks like it will allow a good clearance at the back of the projector to allow for air circulation.

10. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339

I guess this means make sure the pj is positioned perfectly perpendicular to the screen to ensure no keystone correction is required.

11. Anders_UK

Anders_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kinda yeah. If you are central to the screen (left to right) then you should be ok, but use sideways slides before resorting to the rotational slots.

12. Sierix

Sierix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mcaw: Have you bought the Panny 100 yet? I only ask as this was going to be my PJ of choice until I found out that approx 18" is needed at the back for exhaust of hot air. With the size of the PJ it would have meant it was an awful long way out from the wall.

Not sure whether this is abosolutely critical or just "hot air". Reading what I have on these forums about Pannies overheating, I went for the PLV-Z1 instead and I bought a Unicol mount for the wall ;)

hope this helps

13. mcaw

mcaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes I've bought it, a refurb model, so hopefully they've fixed any problems already.
    I will maybe use the CPC mount to ceiling mount it to give a good clearance from my back wall, I should still get a good 8-10ft diag projection size.

14. Sierix

Sierix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    an 8-10 foot diag screen sounds cool :clap:

15. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How far back are you going to be sitting? 92" diag. is about the biggest one can realistically go with the AE100, but as ever, if you can tolerate the screendoor, your choice.

Best of luck with it ;)