1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good quality small surround sound speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jonorigin, Dec 31, 2004.

1. jonorigin

jonorigin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit of a newbie here, so I was wondering if anyone could lend me some advice! Basically I am looking for a small surround speaker set to go in my living room. I have a budget of £3-400 max (obviously the cheaper the better lol), and need front, surrounds and centre (already have a subwoofer). The smaller the better really, want to reduce the clutter in the room! I have a Marantz sr4400 amp if that's any help!! I will be using it for dvds and for music as well.

cheers

jon

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    Its going to be hard to get what you want within your budget but if you could stretch to around £600 you would be able to get four monitor audio radius r90s and a r180 for centre duties this would give you decent music playback as well as movies.Ive found most cheaper satellites to sound good with movies but harsh with music so spending a little bit more may keep you from being dissapointed with your new speakers.
    Cheers Gonzo.

3. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    A lot of people on this board have been raving about the Canton CD1 package. It retails for around 480 in the UK, but when bought from germany can be had for just over the 200 mark inclusive of delivery. Here is a thread from the forum http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154348
    have look there for more info on where to get them and what people think. I'm considering a set myself. They are quite small with aluminium enclosures, 4 x CD10 and a specific centre and also a sub, whether you would use it or not as you already have one would be down to you but definately seems worth considering at the cheap german prices.

4. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I have the Canton Movie CD1 package (shipped from Germany for £233 :thumbsup: )

They are IMHO excellent for both movies and also for music , and a bargain if you get them shipped over !!
    They are very well manufactured but the best thing is the sound , they are amazing , the Active sub is on the large side though !!

5. jonorigin

jonorigin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all, have just gone for the Canton CD1 package from Tenspot. Looks like just what I am after!!