Good quality rgb scart leads?

cherrcherryball

Established Member
Reaction score
Since they are harder to find these days I dont know which non branded cables to use.

I did buy a £5 cable from Ebay last year that had tons of ghosting and couldnt do rgb! and another that did rgb with interference.

I see Belkin cables about £8.50 but they are 1m, and I want about 1.5 meter and ideally a little less as its for a good crt screen which the model is under 10 years old(and looks like a pc crt in terms of quality) so want good not cheap and nasty cables

Thread moved to interconnects forum, you may get better response in here

I have a qed rgb scart sitting around somewhere if I can find it you can have it.one thing though it dosent carry sond only picture this isn't a fault but the way its designed.

I have a qed rgb scart sitting around somewhere if I can find it you can have it.one thing though it dosent carry sond only picture this isn't a fault but the way its designed.

Thanks for that, what exactly is it though? component to scart? If so could I use that with pc? or would it work on a tv with scart and not component?

SCART to SCART cables wired for RGB can be RGB Only or RGB + Stereo audio!

The RGB Only variants will use thicker conductors and better shielding and forgo audio in an aim to have the best video signal passing over the cable.

RGB to YUV (Component) requires active conversion where the source signal is RGB - there are/were a few Source devices which could Output YUV via a SCART socket so required a SCART to 3RCA (video only) or 5RCA (video + stereo audio) cable to connect to a device with a 3RCA Component video Input.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom