Good quality compact digital camera - £100 budget?

mcewen06

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

Being a camera n00b can anyone recommended a good digital camera that costs around £100 ( i am a bit flexible on the price), mainly to take it on holiday , in a few months time.
I have had a look at the following

Samsung WB700
SONY W690
Canon PowerShot SX150
Olympus D-760
and wanted to know whether i should be looking for another model, or of the above what is the most bang for my buck.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

The WB700 for around £100 would be a great deal and a very capable compact

Jim

Forgot to add, would like to have panoramic mode and hd recording (ideally 1080p).

You might be able to get a Panasonic Lumix ZS20 or
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS digital camera for that price. As someone said, the WB700 would be a good one as well, as long as you can get it for that price. The important thing is to find the camera you are comfortable with.

You might be able to get a Panasonic Lumix ZS20 or
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS digital camera for that price. As someone said, the WB700 would be a good one as well, as long as you can get it for that price. The important thing is to find the camera you are comfortable with.
As good as the 2 camera's are, they are out of my budget :(

Looking at all recommendations......:smashin:
the wb700 looks great and with great reviews, but doesnt do panoramic pics,
The Lumix DMC-FS45 is great aswell and beat the score of the wb700 on Panasonic DMC-FS45 vs Samsung WB700 - Our Analysis is cheaper (£65 on ebay) but only has 5x optical zoom compared to 18x with the wb700.

Would the optical zoom with that difference make any difference?

:thumbsup:

went for the Lumix DMC-FS45 £65 from ebay - new but without box...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom