1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good price or what...?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by MarcoRS, Oct 18, 2003.

1. MarcoRS

MarcoRS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am interested in the Loewe Aconda Classic 9381ZW after reading some reviews and seeing one in a showroom.

I have been able to have a loan Loewe 32" Aventos for a week or so to see what the performance of the tube and features are like. I have been informed that the Aventos has the same tube as the Aconda but not all of the features and lower sound quality..?

Now I have made my mind up on the Aconda I have been looking at the general prices from dealers and on the net.
    There seems to be some variation in the price of the Loewe sets with prices ranging from £1460.00 to £1950.00 (not Inc the stand).

As I am a little bit concerned at just buying of the net and going for the cheapest, I have been offered a price from a local Loewe dealer, who has been established for a few years now and offers good support (this is the shop who have loaned me the Aventos).

The price he has offered me the Loewe Aconda (Stratos Metallic) 9381 ZW and the smoked curved glass stand for is £1850.00.

Do you think this is a fair price for this unit and stand with the reassurance of the dealer being around the corner if anything went wrong..?

Can I also ask you are there any differences in versions of the Aconda and are there any things to look out for/check i.e. chassis versions and software..?

Thanks in advance..

Marco.