Good/Powerful internal aerials for freeview.

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by 4fingers, Jul 29, 2005.

1. 4fingers

4fingers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of any good and dare I say powerful internal aerials I can use for when I go to university.
    Just that the place I will be staying doesn't have a good signal and I would like to know that if I had a poor picture it was because of the weak signal and not of a mix of poor aerial and poor signal that my picture is rubbish.

Basically I want to make sure I have the best possible picture possible. So what kind of internal aeial should I use. Since I have no knowledge of these things I find it hard to compare between aerials in the shops because as I dont understand the system of "performance" that they use.

At the moment price is no barrier so I can see what kind of options are available but make sure it is meant for internal purposes :)

So any ideas or thoughts or knowledge is welcome
    Thanks

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have seen posts by people who say they have a indoor aerial and it works mostly ok, but I would say that 90% of the time you will be wasting your money with a indoor aerial for digital.
    Wait till you get there, it may work ok.
    Nigel

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The problem with internal aerials is that they are so close to sources of interference like PC's and other domestic appliances. Also, the materials used in the construction of the building will have an attenuating effect on the signal.

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I've only ever been able to use an internal aerial with my freeview box in a number of houses and have never had a good enough signal to make it work. :(

Don't waste your money.