#good place in london to trade in my Sigma 30mm?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by dave_bass5, Mar 20, 2006.

1. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +637
    Hi all
    now that the lighter days are coming i doubt ill use my Sigma 30mm f/1.4 much as i only use it indoors so want to trade it in for a sigma 75-300m of some sort.
    Was thinking about Jessops but wondered if anywhere else does it. im only intrested in central london shops as i would do it in my lunch hour.
    I know i can get more selling it on ebay or loot but its too much hassle for me. plus although the lens works for me with my 350D there seems to be a few people who have problems with this lens and i dont want to offer tech support or anything like that.

Cheers

2. midtones

midtones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    London Camera Exchange, they have a shop on Strand. Or you can try Jacobs Digital, they have a shop on Oxford St and near Liverpool St station.

K.

3. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +637
    Thanks
    ill give Jessops a try as i work close by to the west end

4. SSB

SSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    I'd definitely consider putting it in the forums in the classifieds - the 30mm is a great lens and someone would have your arm off if you kept the price to about £180. I doubt Jessops (or LCE for that matter) would offer you anything reasonable trade-in-wise.

It's just a shame you're Canonian ... as I'm after a Nikon fit one at the moment.

5. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +637
    I agree with you that i wouldnt have any trouble selling it but in the past i have had "issues" with sending things trough the post. As the sigma can be a bit fussy with what its used on i dont want the grief of someone saying it has focus issues or its front focuing etc and asking for a refund or discount. i know it works fine on my camera but if anything went wrong with it i can take it back to the shop.
    ill see what Jessops will give me. £180 would cover the cost of the new lens. im only going after the sigma 70-300 APO which i think is around £170
    At the moment its just a thought as im bored but i need to get a large zoom for the summer

6. midtones

midtones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jessops don't do trade-ins anymore (for cameras anyway) have confirmed with them they will do it for lenses??

K.

7. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +637
    I noticed the big store on new oxford st has a used lens section so ill try there first.
    Thanks