Good picture but No sound from VCR???

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by owen021173, Jun 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. owen021173

owen021173

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +335
    found a load of old vhs tapes today so i thought i would have a look at them.

been a while since the vcr has been connected.
    plugged everything in, mains ,scart lead and bingo :smashin: great picture :thumbsdow no sound:confused:

the set up is tosh 36zp18q,sky into av1 scart,dvd player into av2, xbox 1 and awia vcr connected to a 3 way belkin scart adapter, 3 way into av3.

av1 & av2 -perfect
    av3- xbox-perfect/ vcr-good pic/ NO SOUND:mad:

anyone got any idea whats going on????

2. nvingo

nvingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +543
    1. make sure the scart plugs are fully inserted, if they are loose one side, video can still be connected whilst audio is not.

2. if possible try the VCR with another scart/TV socket combination, ie. take the TV scart from the Sky receiver and connect it to the VCR.

3. also if possible, connect the VCR in the aerial RF loop in the "conventional" way, as if to record to VHS from analogue TV. Then tune the TV to the VCR RF out.

These should narrow it down a bit.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    I would have a guess that perhaps the scart lead used for the VCR is not fully wired - ie RGB only. So the previous suggestion of trying one of the other scart leads with the VCR should prove 9or not) that this is the case.

Mark.