Good photography book for beginners?

Sam24

Hi all,

I have just recently bought myself my first DSLR and am in search of a good book in order to get the most out of my new camera.

I was just wondering if any of you guys and girls have any recommendations of a book which i could get in order for me to improve my, currently quite basic and most likely terrible compared to you, skills!

Thanks alot,
Sam

drunkenmaster

Novice Member
Reading it at the mo excellent book.
Funnilly it seems that the PCworld website seems to be the cheapest - at least they are good for something :D

Sam24

Thanks for the recommendation, i will certainly look into buying that book asap.

Are there anymore books i should also look out to buy??

Thanks, Sam

senu

Distinguished Member
IF you have a Canon
Have a look HERE
or
Over here
Scott Kelbys books are more related to Photoshop/ Elements but are nonetheless a treasure trove when you start using those
The books "Understanding Exposure" and "Seeing creatively" by Bryan Peterson as recommended above are.. the canines "bits" ( to stay polite)

Sam24

IF you have a Canon
Have a look HERE
or
Over here
Scott Kelbys books are more related to Photoshop/ Elements but are nonetheless a treasure trove when you start using those
The books "Understanding Exposure" and "Seeing creatively" by Bryan Peterson as recommended above are.. the canines "bits" ( to stay polite)

Ok, thanks. I'm afraid i don't have a cannon DSLR but i shall take a look at them anyway as they may include some helpful techniques which i can use on my camera anyway.

Sam

jonnypb

Ordered mine a couple of days ago from Amazon, but don't know if it was the revised edition....off to check now. Whats the difference?

revised edition is updated and talks about digital photography. i guess the principles are the same though

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom