1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good PANNY TH42PW5B PRICE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ispeed40, Dec 31, 2002.

1. ispeed40

ispeed40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to let everyone know......

I bought a TH42PW5B from John Lewis on a price match against the PANASONIC shop which had the display at £3375. A late XMAS present, but a welcome one !

JL don't compare the price with their 5 year parts and labour deal, so it was an easy decision !

Now i'm just looking for a decent tuner box to use, the IMAX ULTRA looks the business, any views on what's best ?

I need to route; Component from DVD, SVIDEO from other sources such as CONSOLES, DIGITAL CABLE BOX, etc. I use both R1 and R2 DVDs and am interested in gettting progressive scan through both NTSC and PAL.

Im sure this is an easy one for the experts !

Also, does anyone know what stand is decent for the PANNY ? I need to place it (for a while) on an A/V shelf, so I need a tabletop stand.

Cheers
    Speedy

2. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic shop? I presume thats not an internet only retailer. Where are they based as I have never heard of them before?

3. ispeed40

ispeed40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are like the Sony shops on the high street, a branded shop, only selling Panasonic (and Technics) stuff. This one happens to be in the Harlequin in Watford, the same shopping centre as the John Lewis Store I bought the plasma !

Cheers,

Speedy