1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good panasonic 28" widescreen

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jawa, Nov 1, 2001.

1. jawa

jawa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can anybody recommend a panasonice 28" widescreen TV for around £500 - £700??

I was going to get the phillips 6515 but I have read about so many problems I don't think I will bother now, unless anybody knows if all the problems have been sorted out?

I don't need surround sound as I have a separate amp. I just want a very good flat screen and good features.

Thanks for any help!

2. swhits

swhits
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've just bought a Panasonic TX28DT2 (idtv) from Audiovision of Sheffield. Picture is superb (although I'm having a bit of trouble with digital reception at the moment as I'm in a poor signal area) in both digital and analogue and the sound is excellent although it's only Nicam. I paid £699 for it (No cabinet) but it comes with a 5 year warranty which I thought was a good deal. I think Empire direct are doing it at about the same price with cabinet but with a 12 month warranty.

3. Paul G

Paul G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Currys are doing a 32 inch panasonic for £699. I could be wrong though. Probably old stock.

4. Piglet

Piglet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the 28pk3 is the best in my oppinion which can be bought online for cheaper. www.unbeatable.co.uk

I own this and the detail is stunning, with none of the 100hz problems you would get with a 100hz set. Avoid the 100hz versions at all costs. the technology won't be upto 50hz standards for years.

5. Paul G

Paul G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Correction. Currys are doing a 32 inch panasonic for £599!!!....