1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good online pc mag req'd

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by gargoyle, Jul 9, 2004.

1. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I'v been buying computer magazines from the mid eighties and from 93 started to buy Pc zone and Pc Format regularly.
    However, I'v noticed that buying magazines is fast becoming an expensive proposition especially if you buy several per month as I do so I'v had to cut back.
    Can anyone recommend any good online pc games magazines?

2. DVD_Junkie

DVD_Junkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know the feeling - £6 a shot soon mounts up. PC Zone has a website which is updated every weekday with the latest news, and some reviews. (www.pczone.co.uk).

If you're looking for the latest game demo downloads, you could try www.fileplanet.com. You often have to queue to download a file. You can pay a subscription for immediate access to the servers.

3. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if your just after reviews then try gamespot, theyre the best place to be looking in my eyes. and i dont think you can get to read websites on the bog
    ;)

4. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    what, you never heard of a laptop? :laugh:

IGN is quite good when they decide not to limit what you can see... and gamesradar is also quite good.

5. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks for the input people, I'v already checked out PC Zones website but I found it cramped and confusing.
    The pc format website looks pretty good, I'll check it out later in the week along with the other suggested websites.

6. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i've been a 'member' of pc zone for years, still not sure what the point of the membership is as it doesnt actually benefit me in any way, but never mind. It was a much better site before it joined with computerandvideogames.com but i guess they couldn't afford to run it all by themselves anymore. It still has a lot of good news on there, but just lately the screenshot quality has taken a serious hammering, which is not a good thing in my opinion, as you can't judge the graphical quality of a game when the screenshot is only as good as a 256 colour gif image..

7. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I can't fault Pc Zones online website contents, coming as it does from the best pc games mag bar none - its up to date and has access to exclusives the other mags can only dream of but the website only uses the left hand side of the screen leaving the right hand side completely blank meaning that all the text and gfx are squashed onto one side of the screen making it look and feel pretty much cramped, downloading can be a bit of a bind as users of high speed broadband are required to gain membership - and even pay, to download from the high speed servers.