1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good ole' john lewis price match..

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by shugg, Nov 26, 2004.

1. shugg

shugg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thought you would all be interested to know that J.L. in kingston, london have just price matched with ASK on tottenham court rd and saved a grand off the price :clap: i'm standing back for the stampede.......

2. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what did they price match for?

3. shugg

shugg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its a big shop with the gig brands, but in my case it was a philis 42pf9966, in jl for £3995 but they have matched it to 3050!!! :clap:

4. LB1

LB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shugg,

Was it easy to get this match as I am thinking of getting the 9966 but JL in Solihull have refused a match a friend before against digital point (Birmingham) claiming that it was an import version :mad: - what proof did you have to give them to get the deal?

Cheers,

Luke

5. shugg

shugg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no proof really.........a phoned up j.l. in kingston, told them that a had seen a product they sold for less elsewhere. they asked me for the name of the product, name of the shop and its address/tel no. and said they would be in touch.... 3/4 days later a letter arrived saying that it had gone thru and to bring the letter to their a/v dept when buying the philips. it was as straight forward as that. happy hunting..don't take no for an answer...also check out if the plasma you looked at was IN FACT an import( the serial or model no. should tell you) shugg