Good Offer?

Vinesh

My local Panasonic is offering the Panasonic Series 6 (W6) with a free 17" LCD screen

The price for the screen will be price matched with the cheapest price I find (£2300 - £2500 ish)

I was indenting to buy the NEC xm2/s or the Pioneer 433 MXE (Both XGA screens and HD ready) These screens will be about £3000. The NEC has all the connections I require, but no spare slots for future expansion.

Should I go for the Panasonic series 6 and don't bother with HD? I was told by the panny dealer that it's going to take another 4 yrs before UK has HD. This info was aquired from some technology show he went to.

Any advice will be helpful.

Dutch

Hi,

You will have to decide how important you think HDTV and HD-DVD will be to you in the next few years. HD-DVD should be here in around 18 months time, and HDTV is available on satellite in Europe right now, although a very limited service at present. The NEC has 7 separate inputs including DVI-HDCP. You could always add a component or DVI switcher in future should you require even more inputs. ;) Hope this helps.

Steve

Vinesh

Will the HD and DVI switcher work OK with the panny?

Dutch

Hi,

A component switcher wouldn't be a problem, but there are known issues with PAL signals into the Panasonic DVI card.

Steve

Vinesh

how much would one of these switchers cost?

and who makes them?

Cheers

U

Uzey

Originally posted by vineshc
My local Panasonic is offering the Panasonic Series 6 (W6) with a free 17" LCD screen

The price for the screen will be price matched with the cheapest price I find (£2300 - £2500 ish)

I was indenting to buy the NEC xm2/s or the Pioneer 433 MXE (Both XGA screens and HD ready) These screens will be about £3000. The NEC has all the connections I require, but no spare slots for future expansion.

Should I go for the Panasonic series 6 and don't bother with HD? I was told by the panny dealer that it's going to take another 4 yrs before UK has HD. This info was aquired from some technology show he went to.

Any advice will be helpful.
Cripes!!!! You mean that they'll match an internet price?:eek:

Vinesh

yep :)

The shop is owned privatley, but he is the main dealer for Panasonic.

U

Uzey

So they'll match 'buy your av' for around £2360 with free SCART and in SILVER?

What is their address?:kisses:

U

Uzey

Sorry to hanker you further ....... do you remember the name of the shop. I'm going to ring them tomorrow!

Vinesh

i'll find out for u this week.

Been really busy with work (Servers, new sites etc)

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
vineshc

Multiple YUV signals via a Zektor HDS4 (with Digital Audio out to your AV Amp) is very straightforward with the 6 Series displays; and if your not using a PC you can send YUV into the HD15 (VGA) socket using a suitable cable.

Multiple Digital Video feeds via one of our Gefen HDTV DVI switcher is also very straightforward - though as Dutch points out you do have to ensure your PAL sources output a 575P signal at 50Hz via HDMI or DVI. (For DVI signals you need to install the TY-42TM6DB input card into the Plasma chassis).

If you want to ensure you are more compatible with HDTV have you considered the TH-42PHD6BX - you'll have to forgo your shopping around for rock bottom pricing as not many Panasonic dealers even notice these units exist; though those of us that do know of its existence and actually recommend customers to consider it do offer a good mix of products, product knowledge and service for not much more than bargain basement.

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom