Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Good NTSC to PAL converting player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Wintendo, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Wintendo

Wintendo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After my Bush 2020xi went belly up last week (just displayed "no disc" whenever a disc was put in") I've been looking for a player that has decent NTSC to PAL conversion.
    I have a Samsung 709 and the Bush 2020xi was as good as it for NTSC>PAL but the 709 doesn't play DVD-Rs which I need as I have been slowly putting my rare "not available on DVD" VHSs onto DVD-Rs.

I just tried a Philips 625 and it's a nice machine except the NTSC>PAL conversion is very poor, took it back and now have an Alba 108 but the NTSC>PAL conversion is just as poor. I need NTSC>PAL as my tv doesn't do NTSC.

What players for £100 or less that are multiregion (1/4 of my 160+ collection is R1/R3/R4), has good NTSC>PAL and can play DVD-Rs?

thanks for any help