1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good News...panys Arrive Next Week!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mark silvester, May 31, 2002.

1. mark silvester

mark silvester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just had it on very good authority.

That I shall have my Panny - a new batch....and he said Panasonic have admitted to a faulty P.S.U. on the early run of models; this new batch coming next week has had all problems attended to!

I have been guranteed mine for a week tomorrow at the latest - probably thursday!

They are a big company and have only been allocated 2!!!!!!
    I am number one on their list.

I think this new batch has been worth waiting for. But I must say, I do feel worried for guys who have an earlier model...just in case it goes....apparently...the fan speed fluctuates...and this is an early sign because of the P.S.U variation in voltage.

Anyway...good news!

Best:

Mark

2. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    yea I have a feb produced model with 55 hrs on the clock and if it is the case a faulty psu on the early run is causing the problems our units could go at any time , at least we have a 2 yr warranty so if the faulty psu is the problem it should show itself within 2 yrs or not at all.

he says hopefully:D

3. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    I'm with you on that one Chic...70 hours on my Feb model & no sign of trouble yet...yet....yet...it worries me though! :(

4. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    I have one dated March 2002 on the base. Japan Factory Shipment sticker on the box says April.

I take it this must be one of the later ones ? Anyone got one dated later than that ?

Only had it for a couple of weeks. Early days, but no problems whatsoever thus far.

No dead pixels, quiet fan, no funny sounds.

I am absolutely impressed with it and can't see what the worry is about. It comes with a warranty so I say run it for all it's worth.

The way I see it the longer you run your machine the less likely it is to be a faulty one. If there is meant to be a fault I would have thought pre 150 hours or so it would begin to show up. After that the machine should be bedded in ?

I can't think all the early ones were faulty, maybe just a slightly higher % of them. And I certainly don't think the later models will all be 100% fault free anyway !!

Use the damn thing for all it's worth, after all thats why you bought it !!!

5. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    Mine has April 2002 on the base :) hopefully it will be the new batch.

6. bluesman

bluesman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine has a date code of March 2002

Died after 28 hours use. New one arrived today.

Andy

7. bluesman

bluesman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry that should have been "had a date code of..."

8. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Well it's no point worrying too much about it I suppose. If it goes wrong it goes wrong, that's what the warranty is there for.

I got two years on mine and extended cover beyond that, peace of mind for a fair while yet !

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wheres this new batch of Pannys turning up?

Ill tip off the local fire brigade.:D :D

10. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You just can't resist, can you Doug?... :rolleyes:

11. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I now have over 300 hours on my Nov 2001 model, but my fan does change pitch now and then, I would say only about six or seven times, but it does do it :( I hope mine isn't going to blow just out of guarantee.
    Shoudn't Panasonic recall all the early models for modifications?

12. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871

why dont you ask panasonic?

13. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its next week now. Has anyone heard of supplies arriving into stores? Planning to buy from discounttv myself, for £1219.99 including shipping its quite a bargain, especially if Panasonic ever send them any stock :)

14. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Tim's got a good point. Does anyone know of a contact at Panasonic who'll actually have some idea of what we're talking about? I'd be happy to talk to them on behalf of "1st generation" AE100 owners whose units haven't failed (yet!) to find out what their policy is. Thing is, I've dealt with Panasonic before & most of the people I spoke to were muppets....definitely need someone who's familiar with the AE100 & the PSU problems.

15. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard a lot of talk about the manufacturers warranty length on the projector. I've heard both 1 year and 2 years. can anyone confirm the length?

Also, does anyone know when the new EU directive, that all electronic goods should last at least 2 years and therefore should carry warranties for at least that length, come into effect? Will it cover any goods sold in the past 2 years, or just new products? (I guess the later)

*** EDIT ***
    Just found a reference at http://www.gattiassociates.com/developments/imde_447.htm and it states

EU Product Warranty Directive Takes Effect January 1, 2002
    On May 25, 1999, the European Union approved legislation that is intended to harmonize guarantees offered by sellers of consumer goods throughout the EU (1999/44/EC.) This registration requires at least a two-year warranty from the date of delivery of the goods. Sellers who do not conform to this law will be required to replace or repair the nonconforming/damaged goods free of charge, reduce the price of the item or release the consumer from the contract.

*** EDIT ***

16. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,427
    Err didn't you get your registration deleted for posting messages like this? I dismay. Some people will never learn.
    Doug edges ever closer to a permanent ban.

17. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Thanks for the info adidajnz. Looks like we should all have 2 year guarantees then. Let's just hope Panasonic don't consider the PSU problem to be natural wear & tear! The only bit of that EU directive that worries me is the bit in bold...

Sellers who do not conform to this law will be required to replace or repair the nonconforming/damaged goods free of charge, reduce the price of the item or release the consumer from the contract.

How vague is that?! Let's hope it's at the discretion of the customer as to which solution they take.

Blimey, hark at me being negative...my AE100 is still fine (fingers crossed) :D

18. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    You have to admit Dougs responce was quick witted.

I am sure it was just a joke and some people should not be so touchy :D

A ban from what - freedom of speach - isn't that what a forum is about?

Maybee we should have a rant and rave section for people to get things off their chest. A lot of other forums have done this to good effect

19. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spectre,
    Im having a laugh-hence the smiley faces..I dont mean nothing by it...

Smile in the face of adversity i say!!

(Just trying to lighten up the currently dismal Panasonic world of dismay..)

..But you know I feel sorry for the chaps who have had their hobby temporarily de-railed by Panasonic..I just cant understand in fairness why everyone doesnt just send them back and demand their money back and stuff Panasonic!!!

Theres plenty more fish in the sea -Panasonic are clearly putting out products with known batch faults,there outgoing q.a.must be suspect-if they have any..I think this borders on "selling defective products" contravening the Sale of goods act?
    Doug:D