Good news on air travel front

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nick Cartwright, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Nick Cartwright

Nick Cartwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just seen this on the Leeds/Bradford airport web site :-

SECURITY UPDATE
    Monday 14th August 2006

Passengers are advised that they are permitted to carry ONE item of cabin baggage not exceeding the dimensions of 45cm x 35 cm x 16cm.

No liquids of any type are permitted through airport security other than:

Prescription medicines essential for the flight (e.g. diabetic kit), as long as verified as authentic.
    Baby milk and liquid baby food (the contents of each bottle or jar must be tasted by the accompanying passenger)
    NOTE: The definition of liquids includes gels, pastes, lotions, liquids/solid mixtures and the contents of pressurised containers.

All laptops and large electrical items must be removed from the bag and placed in a tray for x-ray screening.

Further details may be found at www.dft.gov.uk

---------------------------------------

No need to worry about putting expensive cameras in the hold.

2. Member 79251

Member 79251
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    Good news I fly on Friday and I am glad that they have noticed that some people will need some cabin baggage.

I am for as many security checks as possible I could maybe see finger prints being introduced:mad: . (I am due to fly to New York in November and if I like it or lump it the only way I will get in these days is having my fingers and face scanned.)

I also grew up in Belfast and I am used to having the odd extra search in the Airport.:rolleyes:

3. Nick Cartwright

Nick Cartwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Totally agree, I'd rather have to get there a bit earlier and feel a lot safer in the air.