1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good news for Crime fans!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Jun 18, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Two bits of good news!

1) Five have already secured the rights to all of Season 1 of "CSI: NY" (or "CSI: New York"), before it's even aired in the USA! :clap: Expect to see it on British screens, early in 2005! Wahey!!!! :clap: :clap:

2) An excellent book has just appeared on UK bookstore shelves, which you simply have to buy. It's called "Forensics For Dummies" ans is buy Dr D.P. Lyle (MD). It's part of the "... For Dummies" series, that most of you will know from their famous computer guides. However, this has been written by a man who's worked as technical advisor on shows like "CSI: Miami", "Law And Order", "Monk" and "Diagnosis Murder", so his pedigree is quite high! :lesson:

I've bought the book, and it's a superb intro into what forensic science and real-life crime scene investigation is all about. Topics include:-
    - the differences between blood spatter and blood splatter
    - Tyre impressions
    - what a search warrant will and won't let you do
    - Fingerprinting
    - Evidence collection
    - analysing trace evidence
    - firearms
    - how to perform a real autopsy (!) :eek:
    - Finding drugs and poisons in the human body system, and many, many other subjects.

Although it's a layman's guide, (and based on US laws and scenarios), it's still a really fantastic read, and will give you a good view of what being a CSI is really all about. And, trust me, it's not anywhere as glamorous as the shows make it look!

THe ISBN Number is: 0-7645-5580-4 and retails at £13-99. Highly recommended, even if you think you already know lots about this kind of thing!

Oh, and there's a great section about "Ten Things That Hollywood Always Mess Up", which details ten things that we think are real (because of TV shows and films) and yet, are nothing like real-life situations. For example, a single bullet will not make you keel over and die instantly, like in most modern films. You will keel over, but then you will take 15-20 minutes to slowly bleed to death, unless you get immediate medical help! When was the last time, you saw a hero/villain getting killed with just a single shot, and dying almost instantly?!

A top-notch book, and one I simply beg as many of you to read as you can! Truly great! :)

Pooch

2. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    MMMMMMMM CSI :zonked:

Now Im just waiting for The Shield Season 3

3. NoEntry2k

NoEntry2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The Shield season 3 starts on Five i just one weeks time! Tuesday 29th July at 10:50pm.

4. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    i thought CSI NY was being shown in the FALL in the us ?

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Neilo (and others),

Yes, "CSI: NY" is being shown in the USA this autumn, and that's why we'll get to see it early next year, here in the UK! :lesson:

Oh, and "The Lyon's Den" also starts next Tuesday evening, replacing "L&O: Criminal Intent" which finished last night.

I expect, that once "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" ends, in a week or two, Season 2 of "L&O: Special Victims Unit" or Season 2 of "Boomtown" will be taking its place! :clap:

Nice to know that at least one terrestrial channel can put US shows in a good time slot, on a regular basis! And listens to its viewers when episodes aren't shown in the right order. Well done Five! You are a great channel, and we bow down to your wondefulness! :smashin: Well, I do! :rotfl:

Pooch

6. NoEntry2k

NoEntry2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Does not look like it, they plan to air repeats of CSI once the new series ends.

Still waiting for those finale 6 epsidoes (season two) of Boomtown.

7. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    If you love NYPD Blue contact channel 5 now to ask them to aquire the right to this excellent programme for channel whore(4) who dont respect their viewers needs by burying one of the greatest cop shows ever after midnight.

If they get enough contacts, they may go for it.

just imagine tuesday nights

9:00 pm CSI
    10:00 pm NYPD Blue
    11:00 pm The Shield

What a night that would be!!!! :clap:

customerservices@five.tv :clap:

8. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't receive channel 5 :(

9. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I'm sorry to hear that, I presume you have neither sky or freeview?

P.S. WE WAS ROBBED. Portugal had 12 men and one was Swiss!