Good Music Speakers for Sony STR-DG820

newbie-tuesday

Standard Member
I have recently purchased a Sony STR-DG820 for 70% music and 30% movies. I am aware I could get better but my budget reflects my requirements.

As I am far from being an audiophile but enjoy listening to music (rock, indie, old school hip-hop) I need to purchase a speaker package or individual speakers to give me what I require.

I live in a terraced house so loudness isn't my objective. Mid-range quality is what I am looking for at a budget of £300-£500.

I do like the look of the Bose 301 and have read mixed reviews. I am aware sites like this do not generally approve of Bose so I have also considered Tannoy, Acoustic Energy, Monitor etc.

I would prefer to buy a set of fronts and a small set of rears to accompany them. Not fussed about a sub-woofer unless it is necessary.

I also do not want a large setup as they will be in a room approx. 4m x 4m.

I am probably asking for a lot but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

StevieBuck

Prominent Member
I have this amp connected up to my Q Acoustics 1010i home cinema speaker package. I mainly use it for movies and playing games though - and I can say these are excellent performers for this.

I bought my set online, as there aren't really any dealers around here I could try them at first. Home page - Quantum Electronics (UK) Limited is where I got my set. I checked them out an the price is currently at £450 for the package. This includes 4 bookshelf type speakers, a centre and sub. I also see on their site they have a package builder so you can upgrade the speakers - i.e select floorstanders for your fronts.

The latest video from AVForums

Spears & Munsil Interview, LG G3 review, Apple Vision Pro, Klipsch The Sevens, iFi, Focal + More
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Back
Top Bottom