good music download site required

colincook5

Established Member
Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a good cost effective music download site.I,m new to all this and dont want to get ripped off,any comments appreciated.
Regards
Colin.

How about kazaa, bit torrent, soulseek, edonkey, morpheus, sharezea. All for free!

That'll learn the BPI :suicide:

Originally posted by Games Guru
How about kazaa, bit torrent, soulseek, edonkey, morpheus, sharezea. All for free!

That'll learn the BPI :suicide:
And a free virus with all downloads,i had five in one day with kazaa.

Originally posted by colincook5
Could anyone recommend a good cost effective music download site.I,m new to all this and dont want to get ripped off,any comments appreciated.
Regards
Colin.

Try MP3s for free .:DWatch out for the popups.

Originally posted by bob1
And a free virus with all downloads,i had five in one day with kazaa.

You cannot get a virus from MP3 files, regardless of where you get them.

Originally posted by Azrikam

Ive used kazaa for years and have never once had a virus?

Originally posted by Azrikam

While you are correct on the above statement (i.e. a music file that actually is a music file will not give you a virus), the use of file-sharing applications does pose a lot of threats, there are hundreds of worms designed solely to spread through their architecture.. I believe you should try a search for kazaa (or any file-sharing application) on symantecs security response site..

Cheers for that Kali. I've never had a problem, but it can't hurt to shore up your system.

EDIT: For "legitimate file sharing" ;) , it doesn't hurt to have Kazaa block all files that could contain viruses. (.com, .exe, etc) It's available under Preferences somewhere.

I don't bother with the peer to peer stuff at all these days.

I use http://www.easynews.com, which replicates the last thirty days of binaries from Usenet. You can download 6GB of files a month for about £8.

You can use it with a download agent to schedules files to be downloaded overnight. Additionally, I've found that with my 1Mb connection I virtually always get 144K/s download speed.

Originally posted by danny-p
Ive used kazaa for years and have never once had a virus?
Kazaa is a virus.

are there any places i can get non-lossey formats, eg. wav files, instead of mp3s?
there are some albums that arent available anymore and can be had on some mp3 sites and kazaa, but im not a fan of mp3s from these places.

I doubt anyone will host Wav files of albums.. it would take forever to download it... you might as well buy the albums.

Matt

very impressed with allofmp3.com..Love the online encoding so you can select the quality you want to download.

Gentlemen, please read the forum rules: links to websites containing illegal material is NOT allowed.
You may discuss issues related to piracy and P2P, but not promote the use of such or link to those sites:

5. Post promotional information about any illegal activities (including bulk piracy of VCDs & DVDs). We will not permit people to use the forums to distribute files which are pirated or aid in the production of pirated material. Updated 24/1/04 : Following the BPI's actions against CD-WOW we do now allow the open discussion of P2P MP3 music file sharing.

As such I have edited all the above links which contain pirated software.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom