Good Movie Making Software Needed Pls:)

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by roper999, Jan 5, 2007.

1. roper999

roper999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,

I currently own a sony handycam model DCR-DVD92E which basically records straight to a mini DVD+RW disc.

I have 5 full mini DVD+RW discs of various holidays over the last few years and what I want to do is edit those 5 discs and take bits of each one to make a movie for each holiday. i.e disc 1 has 25 minutes of spain and 10 minutes of dominican republic. All I want to do is copy the 25 minutes of Spain onto a DVD-R and then the 10 minutes of Dominican Republic on to a seperate DVD-R. (this would also allow me to re-format the original DVD+RW disc to use again)

I am sure you understand what I am looking for. I am also sure it sounds an easy thing to find!! It isnt!!

I have InterVideo WinDVD Creator and I can edit the movies fine, I can even burn the movies fine, one thing it cant do is keep the Audio in sync!!!!!

I would normally use ConvertXtoDVD to burn my Dvd's but unfortunately this program hasnt got any video editing software with it, and the only video editing software I have is WinDVD Creator which always loses the sync!!!

Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Surely what I am wanting to do is not that hard!!!!!

Thanks in advance

2. senu

senu
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    You could do worse than

Vegas Movie Studio + DVD
    The Platinum version is better though you may find the standard version OK. Ver7 is out now and ver 6 is less than £50 in most places ( even PC World ! :eek: )

It has a bit of a learning curve to start with but has all you need

3. roper999

roper999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply mate,

The trouble is, I paid about £30-£40 I think for WinDVD Creator and I dont want to spend upto £50 again if its going to fail like WinDVD does with the audio!!!

I have read through it though and it does look perfect, especially as it says "Easy import from finalized DVD disc recorded with Sony® DVD Handycam® camcorders" along with the fact that it says you can sync the audio with the video!!!

Is it hard to get the audio synced? or does it do it automatically?

Thanks again for the recommendation, it looks like the one:thumbsup:

4. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    I use Vegas and I've edited from DVDs (not camcorder DVDs but ones from my DVD recorder) and have not seen any sync issues.