~Good light fittings for home cinema room

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Sadly I'm slowly going into the rabbit hole.

Noticed that on my ceiling I can clearly see my gold & glass little petal light fitting when the PJ is on.

I'd like something more sleeker so that when the PJ is on, the room is darkness rather than something shining. Is anything available which is commonly used which will do that?

Can't do spotlights (yet) but will probably use them in a years time when I redo the room.

Part of me thinks this is probably one step too far lol.. It needs to be flush to the wall to not interact witht he PJ. any thoughts or suggestions? ... or am i being too ocd now?

GrazzaB

Sadly I'm slowly going into the rabbit hole.

Noticed that on my ceiling I can clearly see my gold & glass little petal light fitting when the PJ is on.

I'd like something more sleeker so that when the PJ is on, the room is darkness rather than something shining. Is anything available which is commonly used which will do that?

Can't do spotlights (yet) but will probably use them in a years time when I redo the room.

Part of me thinks this is probably one step too far lol.. It needs to be flush to the wall to not interact witht he PJ. any thoughts or suggestions? ... or am i being too ocd now?
Hi

I think as you say you’re very much at a point where it becomes pretty much impossible to get what you want, which is basically an entirely non-reflective bat cave. I have a similar issue with two wall lights but beyond using darker shades there wasn’t much I could do. Would you be happy to change the fitting? A spotlight maybe or a dark smaller shade?

PS you’re not being unreasonable or unrealistic - I think many people on here would sympathise with trying to get every last improvement out of their dedicated room. I’ve got to the point where I can see that I could make improvements to my room but the level of hassle involved for what are in likelihood increasingly limited gains means that you have to stop somewhere I guess.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Hi

I think as you say you’re very much at a point where it becomes pretty much impossible to get what you want, which is basically an entirely non-reflective bat cave. I have a similar issue with two wall lights but beyond using darker shades there wasn’t much I could do. Would you be happy to change the fitting? A spotlight maybe or a dark smaller shade?

PS you’re not being unreasonable or unrealistic - I think many people on here would sympathise with trying to get every last improvement out of their dedicated room. I’ve got to the point where I can see that I could make improvements to my room but the level of hassle involved for what are in likelihood increasingly limited gains means that you have to stop somewhere I guess.

Thank you!

Yup totally prepared to change the light fitting as I can move this one to the bedroom. which light fitting would you suggest? I can't seem to find one on amazon or online which doesn't look awful which is my issue :(

John7

Depends on how good you need the lighting to be. You could install a flat panel LED light - these are very slim and there are quite a few different designs and power outputs available.

Amazon product

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom