1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good keyboard/mouse?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by zAndy1, Sep 5, 2003.

1. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,715
    I want to hook my PC up to my plasma in the living room and use it for playing games on. I'll be sat on the sofa so no computer desk to put keyboard/mouse on. What's a good option for controlling the PC for eg internet browsing and also for playing games? Seperate keyboard/mouse not really an option when sat on the sofa!

Cheers
    Andy

2. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,826
    I have an MS Trackball Optical. It's got a big ball for your thumb to move the mouse pointer, and a nice ergonomic shape and size for my big hands.

It takes a little adjusting to, but without any space for an actual mouse I find this far preferable to a touchpad or nipple thingy. *

Best thing would be to go to a shop and ask to try out a few things.

(* Apart from real nipples, which work well on a couch! :devil: )

3. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I got the Logitech cordless pack from Argos a while back and found the mouse a bit heavy. I also found playing on the plsma not an ideal setup for games. Web browsing was fine but the £100 i spent on the gear i couldn't justify so it went back to Argos for refund. I would suggest you do the same , buy from Argos , try it for a few days and if not happy get a refund.

General Panic

4. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,715
    Anyone else got any ideas on this? Basically I want to be able to play e.g. Jedi academy from the sofa , guess that means a joypad of some sort as there's nothing to rest a keyboard/mouse on. So what's the best joypad to get and does a joypad work well with games like Jedi Academy?

Cheers,
    Andy.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,230
    I thing the weight of the mouse would come from the batteries which would happen with any cordless mouse. I got the Logitech 700 and got use to it within a week and it is very accurate.