1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good indoor compact required - any recomendations ?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by mjw123, Mar 14, 2005.

1. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Guys,

We are expecting our first child any day now and my sister (who's not into photography) has asked me to recommend a camera for her to take pics of the baby with. The majority will inevitably be taken indoors and she won't want to have to worry about F stops and iso numbers.

I was going to tell her to go for the excellent Panasonic FZ3 but it may be a bit bulky and complex for her.

Instead I think she'd be better with something that's dead easy to use like the excellent Olympus Mju 410 4mb 3x opt (now only £149) but still gives superb results.

Can anyone offer any alternatives to consider ?

My point and shoot is the great Ixus 11 but I feel the mju 410 might be a better option for her.

So bottom line is good picture quality, great indoor ability, easy to use, less than £200.

Over to you guys.

TIA,
    Mike.

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What about a canaon 20D:laugh: Lets not go there:rolleyes:

I had an ixus to. Can't think of a better range really for somebody that wants a good/great compact. There is the optio stuff to though. Not checked the cost for ages

3. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Actually the Ixus 40 (4Mp 3x) is now down to under £200 :smashin: :smashin:

Looks like i'll be recommending that to her although the Optio s5i is tempting at £170 !!