Good graphic's card.

W

wynouk

Could anyone tell me a good fast graphics card to buy in the UK for my panny projector with twin monitor output, and if it comes with a DVI output has it got an adaptor to RGB.
and also i would like to use it for downloading stuff from my digital camcorder and if i could watch TV on it it would be an added bonus.

thanks.

radeon VE is pretty cheap and dual headed with a DVI output ( mine came with an RGB dongle to convert it but I hear the quality isn't so good) I only use it with the analogue RGB output at the moment. Not much cop for gaming I imagine though.

For the digital camcorder a seperate firewire card would be the best bet for editing ( assuming its a DV camera).

Analogue video capture cards can be had for around 30 quid : use them with Dscaler (freeware) and you should be laughing for other analogue sources.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Video Card that can handle:

Output to Panansonic Plasma display for DVD playback
Internet surfing
Occasional gaming (3D games usually - Allied Assault and suchlike)

I think most cards are biased to one or the other of video playback or gaming :rolleyes:

Go for a radeon. The decide what sort of performance you want and pick the model that best fits your requirements. The hardware gamma control on the radeons makes them the best around for HTPC use.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom