Good god, JL do actually sell the 436 XDE!

jwramsay

Prominent Member
Reaction score
After being categorically told that JL couldn't get a 436 XDE to replace my faulty 434, I have now found a JL store who can actually supply me with a 436 XDE and are prepared to do an undersale on it!

JL Bluewater are looking into an undersale for me and I expect to hear back in a few days. Presumably if this goes ahead then I will get deliver from a store nearer to me?

Can't understand why some JLs blatantly say they can't get the XDE model : Glasgow and Milton Keynes being named and shamed here.

So, sorry for casting doubt madcyril etc.

And time to start bombarding JL for pricematches!!

*** NEVER KNOWINGLY UNDERSOLD ***

JL Milton Keynes??? I have ordered my price matched 436 XDE from them. So you have been misinformed my friend

waled said:
JL Milton Keynes??? I have ordered my price matched 436 XDE from them. So you have been misinformed my friend

Looks like it!

Oh and nothing unusual there I may add.

JL Bluewater refused the undersale as apparently the store doesn't have it on display with the price clearly marked.

was Krishav.co.uk 2350 including stand and speakers as spotted on this very forum.

So, does anyone know where JL will pricematch for the 436 XDE?

madcyril, what was the pricematch that you got?

Woohooo! That's great news about JL selling the XDE's!

Can I ask how the price matching is working? Is it any vendor, including online vendors, or limited to vendors within a certain radius etc.? I would be interested to hear from Waled or any other guys what price you got and who's price it was they matched as MK isn't that far from me. Cheers!

yes they can order it but you shouldnt get a price match on it as we do not carry it as a stock item.

alscds said:
yes they can order it but you shouldnt get a price match on it as we do not carry it as a stock item.

Bluewater looked into a pricematch or "undersale" as is the JL term for it.

OK they rejected it due to lame excuse No1, but once someone gets a pricematch, everyone can get it!!!

Can I ask how the price matching is working? Is it any vendor, including online vendors, or limited to vendors within a certain radius etc.? I would be interested to hear from Waled or any other guys what price you got and who's price it was they matched as MK isn't that far from me. Cheers!

mph8873,
I got JL, Milton Keynes, to undersale pricematch Krish audioVisual @ £2375 for the 436XDE. It is not a model they stock but they able to direct order in those cases AND they will undersale pricematch. At the time Krish AV had some in stock. Don't know about now though.

waled said:
mph8873,
I got JL, Milton Keynes, to undersale pricematch Krish audioVisual @ £2375 for the 436XDE. It is not a model they stock but they able to direct order in those cases AND they will undersale pricematch. At the time Krish AV had some in stock. Don't know about now though.

I phoned that place yesterday the 2375 doesn't include stand nor speakers.

And they want 90 quid to deliver to Scotland.

And JL Bluewater wouldn't pricematch them.

I phoned that place yesterday the 2375 doesn't include stand nor speakers.

And they want 90 quid to deliver to Scotland.

And JL Bluewater wouldn't pricematch them.

On Krish's website it says specifically that there is no shipping charge with this item. I spoke to them and they tried to fob me off but when i resisted they said that they wouldn't charge for shipping but that I would not be a priority delivery. I explained this JL and they areed to aive the delivery charge also.

waled said:
On Krish's website it says specifically that there is no shipping charge with this item. I spoke to them and they tried to fob me off but when i resisted they said that they wouldn't charge for shipping but that I would not be a priority delivery. I explained this JL and they areed to aive the delivery charge also.

The nice shopkeeper bloke was at pains to point out that they need to hire a pallet to carry the Plasma as other couriers just let the plasmas have the run of the van.

In the end, I purchased one locally and it was delivered tonight. (see other thread).

I too have just got JL MK to price match Krish AV on the 436XDE and they have confirmed it and ordered for me - can't wait!

The JL code for the XDE is 82583911 - their listed price is £2795 but it ain't on the shelves yet. I am one happy JL customer!

I thought that John Lewis would match only prices from stores and not from the web? Thats what it says on their website.

So, the news that they are matching against a web price is superb. Do JL do any decent finance options?

I prefer money in my pocket to somebody elses! :D

antfish77 said:
I thought that John Lewis would match only prices from stores and not from the web? Thats what it says on their website.

So, the news that they are matching against a web price is superb. Do JL do any decent finance options?

I prefer money in my pocket to somebody elses! :D

Antfish... not quite as Krish actually have a store in Chiswick - JL won't match online-only retailers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom