Good gaming pc to build?

KIERONOO

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have been searching for parts to build a gaming pc for awhile with a budget of £550. I now think I have a setup that can play low-mid range games. But before I buy the parts I need to make sure that this setup is correct and that it will work. That's why I'm asking for friendly feedback please. Is this setup good, is there anything I should add? Anything I should take away? Anything that can be improved? My build is below:

Asus P8Z77-V LX Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Vengeance Blue Memory

Sony AD-5280S-0B SATA DVD Optical Drive | OEM

Seagate 750GB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 SoundCard - Retail Boxed

Asus GT 640 2GB DDR3 VGA DVI-D HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card

Coolmaster Elite 330U Case

Elite Power 500W PSU

TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless-N450 Dual Band PCIe Adapter

That will not be good for gaming at all, the 640 is an absolute budget card, more for media stuff, give me a minute i'll put together something for that budget.

The psu is bad, sound card is unneccessary at this budget, put more in the gpu and cpu, and use the mobo sound.

Last edited:
Wcz0p.png

There you go, that'll be far better

Is an OS needed, OP?

Chox, that PSU is superfluous by a fair way. A decent 450W would suit that with no issue. Why a Z77 board as well?

Tbh I don't know what I'm doing, all I need is gaming of parts to build costing £500-600 pounds, I've been trying different parts and seeing what over people think if it's good enough, all seen to think not lol

Is an OS needed, OP?

Chox, that PSU is superfluous by a fair way. A decent 450W would suit that with no issue. Why a Z77 board as well?

i find it hard to recommend anything less than a 600w psu when theyre reasonably priced just because it'll mean they'd need to replace it again down the line.

More just for future proofing plus i couldnt think of any other component in the build where adding twenty odd quid to would be as good an investment.

But i suppose if the op has £600, then go for a cheaper mobo and go i5. But at £550 i cant think of what else i'd stick the spare cash towards from getting a cheaper mobo.

£80 is pretty much as cheap as it gets for a decent mobo anyway, so may as well get one that'll allow overclocking rather than one for £70 that doesn't.

Gotta say though, 8GB ram for £28 :eek: I was dirt cheap at £38-40 for 8GB, ANYONE building a PC now should be sticking in 8GB as a minimum, that's crazy prices!

I'd be going for 16GB at the prices they are now :laugh:

Agree on the mobo logic because anything less than £70 is really not worth getting now imo. I was astounded at the ram price as well, was expecting £40, but £28 :eek:, so cheap

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom