Good Freeview box wanted - what should I get

OneDesi

Hi

I stoopidly sold my Sony 800 Freeview box about 6 months ago on this forum and now cant find one for sale for near ther £50 I sold it for!

Does anyone have any recommendations on other good but discrete boxes - I dont want cheap and nasty or poor operating systems - all advice gratefully received :thumbsup:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
gsrai said:
Hi

I stoopidly sold my Sony 800 Freeview box about 6 months ago on this forum and now cant find one for sale for near ther £50 I sold it for!

Does anyone have any recommendations on other good but discrete boxes - I dont want cheap and nasty or poor operating systems - all advice gratefully received :thumbsup:

Why not just bide your time until another comes up on eBay for around that price?...or just bite the bullet and buy a new one.

igauk

Given your criteria it really has to be the Sony again. I got mine for £75 from John Lewis Glasgow about a year ago, so you don't have to pay RRP if you keep your eyes peeled. This wasn't a price match by the way, just the price they had it at the time. QED have it for £77 plus P&P at the moment.

OneDesi

Thanks guys!

I suppose I was wondering if any of the new freeview boxes were any better and smaller - new looks like the way to go but some of the ones you see in the stores are quite dinky - any thoughts?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
gsrai said:
some of the ones you see in the stores are quite dinky - any thoughts?

Yes, quite dinky but also rubbish.
Most of them run too hot, radiate interference and have poor software.
If I was buying a Freeview box it would be the Sony.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom