Good email from Comet about Tivo order

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by ditton15, Oct 27, 2002.

Tags:
  1. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Following a lead given on 'Will Tivo last' thread, I placed an order for a Tivo @ £99 with comet.co.uk on Thursday night. This was apparently accepted and I took up the first and second preferences that it offered me for delivery. Unhappiness followed, as reported under that thread.

I complained to Comet that, nearly 24 hours after I placed the order, I learn that there is none in stock. And "What is the point of your Internet service if these delays occur? Would I not have been more successful ordering over the phone?"

So far, so typical.

But, I now have an email that states:
    _______
    I was sorry to note the problems you have had whilst shopping on our Website. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have been caused and I assure you that the points you mentioned are being taken seriously.

Your experience was not that you could expect when you shop on our Website. As Comet constantly reviews all aspects of its operation, it is very important to receive customer feedback such as yours. We are always trying to improve our Internet Shopping and I have thereforeforwarded your comments to senior management so they can identify and implement measures to ensure good customer service and practices are met.

It is only when our customer advise us of their experience and let their views be known are we able to identify areas in need of improvement and I do thank you for taking the time to let us know.

So, let's hear it for the Comet email reponse team ...

I'll keep you posted on progress

Ditton

2. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's a great email. It covers anything from out of stock problems to incompatible browsers. Talk about your one-stop complaint shopping. :D

3. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,108
    Why?

It sounds like you've got a pretty standard response. It could well be auto generated as it contains nothing specific to your problem.

For really good customer service, I would expect the email to contain an apology & explanation, details of how the problem will be resolved and perhaps some form of compensation too.

The email you posted just ain't good enough.

4. alex f

alex f
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At least he got a reply?

5. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,108
    I suppose in this day and age some stores would consider it the epitome of customer service to have auto-responses.... :(

6. drew

drew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never got a reply from Comet about a similar problem. When I phoned, because emails got nowhere, the girl said they would refund their delivery charge since they despatched after promised delivery day.

Guess what - no refund.

Didn't reply to my letter either. Gave up in the end, delivery refund wasn't much, and life's too short.......

Don't buy anything from Comet now though.