• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Good earphones for dance music (£40 or under)

kpjf

Hi,

was browsing the forum and couldn't really see a post already posted specifically to my query.

I'm looking good earphones for my ipod with a focus on ones better for electronic/dance music; mainly trance and drum n bass. I'm not really willing to pay more than £40, but would prefer ones closer to the £20 mark

This guy here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607675&highlight=earphones is selling Goldring GX200 earphones and seen a decent review on avforum for them, but the reviewer made no mention of dance music, so was wondering if anyone think they're a good bet for what i'm after?

I like the idea of the sound isolators and have heard shure, etymotic are good brands but seem a little expensive.

cheers

kpjf

Cheers, never heard of this brand before, will check it out.

I had been looking on the 'net yesterday and came up with these as options:

Ultimate Ears Metro.fi 2 Earphones $49
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones $75
(not sure how much better these are than the metro.fi 2's)
Etymotic Research ER6i Isolator Earphones $73

had been also thinking about V-Moda Bass Freq Modafones noise isolation

these are quite expensive in uk, but seem to be a good deal cheaper on sites from the usa.

After reading a few online reviews, it seems the Shure E2c's/e4s ones could be good for music like jazz, or classical, but anything beat wise eg dance music, there just doesn't seem to be enough bass. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom