Good DVDs to give my sub a workout

Marv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my first Sub today an Eltax Atomic 8.2 just wondering which films you lot recomend for good bass/LFE.

Try The Haunting dts and U-571 dts.
Both available on R1 only.
Boomtastic Mate!

The begining of the frightners , a couple of scenes from Apocalypse now , the napalm bit i think.

This has been covered many, many times before. Try a search.

Kev

Titan AE.
Ice Age.
Saving Private Ryan.
U-571.
The Haunting.
Apollo 13.
Cast Away (lol).
Godzilla (double lol).
Contact.
AOTC and TPM.
The Matrix.

Can't think of anymore off the top of my head right now.

MuFu.

Originally posted by MuFu

Cast Away (lol).

I really enjoyed this, thought it was very good... Do you really think it was that bad or did I take you wrong? :confused:

Omitted from that list is Event Horizon. There are some awesome LFEs in the film's opening.

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious Lord of The Rings -either flavour - has some excellent LFE
Paul ;)

Originally posted by PaulBoy
At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious Lord of The Rings -either flavour - has some excellent LFE
Paul ;)

............unless you're talking about the Theatrical R2 release, in which case you'll hear nothing BUT the sub :D

Originally posted by Iain Shields
I really enjoyed this, thought it was very good... Do you really think it was that bad or did I take you wrong? :confused:

Hmm... nah, not "bad" as such - definitely not in the same category as Godzilla (if I gave that impression!). Perhaps it was all the hype from Stateside, or the mood I was in when I first watched it but I thought it was mediocre at best.

I admire the audacity in making Hanks' character quite a sombre, uninteresting chappie and the very, very slow pace of it all but to be quite honest I was pretty horrified by the ending and that spoilt it for me. The beginning of the film is great and watching Hanks struggle to survive is captivating - not alot to criticise about his performance as usual - but film sort of stops abruptly after he leaves the island. I think they should have made it three hours and got more of a reaction from people "back home" at the end. :-\

MuFu.

I seem to remember one of the songs in Moulin Rouge was very hight of bass.

Can anyone remember which one

XxX R1 has plenty of low rumbles, also ID4, Hart's War, etc..
Neil :clown: :p :p :p

i don't mean to be rude

but how many more times is this question going to be asked?

it seems like a fortnightly question along with

where to buy R1 disks
how can I compare DVDs from different regions
Import duty

Why not have some kind of sticky thread at the top with all these common questions and links to the various threads

just a suggestion

T2 in DTS has the best base out of all the one's i've tried. The Bit where the T-800 first encounters the T-1000 and fires his shotgun, the air being created by the sub nearly nocked me off my bed.:D

Fast and the Furious in DTS, the whole film, shakes your room....:devil:

Does that in Dolby Digital for me.

Desperado - DTS

Event horizon

Planet of the apes is wikid for bass effects and surround effects, it is almost terrifying when he crash lands on that random planet and explosions make you jump throughout the film, :) .
fred

Blade 2 without a doubt. When the Blood Pack first enter the House of Pain and some kicking dance music comes on this is just awesome. Check it out !!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom