Good DVDs to demo TVs in shops with

ash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to go TV looking, but want to take a few DVDs to test the TV out with. Are there any troublesome scenes from famous (I don't own many, only famous/hyped up ones) DVDs that I can test with?

Cheers

i believe that chapter 20 of the attack of the clones is a very good test of the tv s processors due to the amount of info on screen (obi in the clone factory at kamino) this was told to the forums and i think youll find it a very good test

I can't think of any specifically, but would suggest something you know well.
Something with dark and light in the same scene and preferably with fast motion. Also peoples faces in direct sunshine.
Definitely no cartoons.
But I'm sure you know all that already.

i believe that chapter 20 of the attack of the clones is a very good test of the tv s processors due to the amount of info on screen (obi in the clone factory at kamino) this was told to the forums and i think youll find it a very good test

Thanks, about that scene, is the disc actaully manufacturered like that or is it the TV that has the problem. I tried it on my old LCD, and I had the problem. Anyway, I will take that in :thumbsup:

on the forum i was told that it was about the amount of info contained in that scene ,sorry but thats all i can remember from the post

If you want to see detail, color and depth of field.....then LOTR extended edition at the begining where they show the shire and when gandafl comes along is a great test.

Matrix lobby scene,or gladiator when the archers are launching there arrows,can't think of the chapter think it's near the start,there is a lot of action and sound,both subtle and manic.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom