good dvd that shows off dolby digital surround?

SheldonLavine

Established Member
Reaction score
can anyone recommend me a dvd that is particularly good at showing off dolby digital 5.1 sound (ac-3) ?

thanks in advance :)

Saving private ryan.... opening sequence....nice...:smashin:

Saving Private Ryan - opening sequence, some bits in the middle and the near hour long battle at the end.:)

Hell just play the whole movie. It's amazing:smashin:

SheldonLavine said:
can anyone recommend me a dvd that is particularly good at showing off dolby digital 5.1 sound (ac-3) ?

thanks in advance :)

Sticky right at the top of the page , although I did think my house was going to collapse during U571

John

Batman Begins is very good as is Hellboy and Serenity isnt half bad either from what I remember.

Hi there

All the above. Another one to try WE Were Soldiers.

Cheers Holo :smashin: :smashin:

The THX, DTS 5.1 Dolby test disc is awesome, if you can get your mits on that - you'll be right!

The opening battle scene in Master and Commander is good although DTS beats it.

You may want to pick some from this list here.

For me its got to be Bad Boys 2, the scene where they go to the bad guys mansion and then blow it up. It has lots of bass, gunfire whizzing around etc also. I have seen ALOT of films and this is generally up there with the best for sound.
However I also really like the scene in House of Flying Daggers, the beans being thrown against the drums.

Another good one is the original Jurassic park, espeically the scene where the smaller dinos coming running accross that field.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom