Good DVD Player for £500

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Brad_Porter, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Brad_Porter

Brad_Porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Right, spent all my money and am now skint for pretty much the foreseeable future .......

Hoever, if I has a small budget (Only £500) what would you guys recommend as a DVD player?

I have a Denon 3802 and this has a built in DD and DTS decoding so I dont need the unit to have that built in.

Can someone recommend something good-sih? Or maybe a few that I should audition....?

Regards,
    Brad

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe save yourself some money for a few extra DVDs and buy the Toshiba 510e (or wait for the 520 coming September time).

The unit has a supposed retail of £400 (which the High Street actually gets away with selling it for) but it can be had, multi-region, no RCE problems, for c.£250.

I use it with a Denon 2802 and am very, very pleased with it. The picture quality blows away my previous Panny A360 which was a +£500 player in it's day (ooooh, some, er, 2 years ago!).

You could easily spend your full £500 and not get anything better than the Toshiba, to really get any noticeable difference you'd need to be looking at around £700 (online prices).