Good DVD movies beginning with "Q"

S

Squirrel God

Despite owning a fair few DVDS now, I'm stunned that not a single one begins with the letter "Q". I've got the rest of the alphabet pretty much sussed, but "Q" seems rather elusive. I've got to admit, I'm actually beginning to wonder if movie studies are avoiding making movies that begin with "Q" for superstitious or other reasons. It does seem very strange....

So - are there any good movies that are available on DVD and begin with the letter "Q"?

Note that I don't mean music DVDs like "Queen" etc, but actual movies. And please don't suggest "Quadrophenia" 'cause that was crap :p And please don't just suggest any old movie that begins with "Q" that you dragged out of the IMDB just for the sake of it - good stuff only please :D

Cheers :)

Queen Of The Damned

Quills

There arent too many really, but i quite liked Quadrophenia

And to think I used to wonder how he got such an excessive post count... What was I on? :rolleyes:

Someone please delete this sad, desperate thread.

Squirrel, I know a few (easy) women I could introduce you to, so you could perhaps cut down that 20 post a day habit of yours. Do you like your females bushy or trimmed? :confused:

Quick And The Dead,The:cool:
What a cast;
Sharon Stone
Gene Hackman
Russell Crowe
Leonardo DiCaprio
Lance Henriksen

By convention, 'The', as illustrated above, is never normally counted in alphabetical lists.

As for the Qs, go and buy Maltin's Movie & Video Guide 2003.

Originally posted by pointon
And to think I used to wonder how he got such an excessive post count... What was I on? :rolleyes:

Someone please delete this sad, desperate thread.

Squirrel, I know a few (easy) women I could introduce you to, so you could perhaps cut down that 20 post a day habit of yours. Do you like your females bushy or trimmed? :confused:
I like the way that you actually reply to the thread with a couple of movies that begin with Q, and then go away, have a think, and come back after 40 mins with the above ;) You really should cheer up a bit mate - I don't think I've ever seen a happy post from you :p

Originally posted by Confucius
By convention, 'The', as illustrated above, is never normally counted in alphabetical lists.
Yes, I'm happy for movies to be suggested where the Q comes after the "The" :)

Originally posted by Confucius
As for the Qs, go and buy Maltin's Movie & Video Guide 2003.
You can't make me, so there :p But seriously, no point - I want the views of the people on the street.

Q - The Winged Serpent.
Ace movie.

Obviously depending on how you do your filing. John Q. Top movie :)

I was gonn say "Q The Winged Serpent" & "The Quatermas Xperiment" but got beat to it. Both are excellent genre movies.

How about "The Qiet Man" with big John W?

Quincy...... dig that funky theme :D

Quiet On The Western Front, All

:D
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by shaunthedude
Quatermass and the Pit.
I reckon of the ones mentioned so far, this one is the best but I prefer the 1967 version.:cool:

The Quick and The Dead sounded alright, but I don't like the cast (Sharon Stone and Russell Crowe irritate me more often than not).

So Q The Winged Serpent looks like the only movie so far that I might like. Sadly, it's only available on R1 and that's a non-anamorphic transfer. If it's one thing I hate it's non-anamorphic NTSC so can't buy it :(

Thanks to everyone so far, but please keep 'em coming guys - there's gotta be something beginning with "Q" that I can buy!

Originally posted by Squirrel God

Thanks to everyone so far, but please keep 'em coming guys - there's gotta be something beginning with "Q" that I can buy!

:D someone suggest something Squirrel needs his fix.

Just to let you all know that, thanks to Encaser, I ended up ordering a Sidney Lumet movie called Q&A, which stars Nick Nolte.

Sadly haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but it sounds very good and I'm a bit of a Sidney Lumet fan :smoke:

It has just been re-released on R1 as a budget title with a new silver-ish cover :D IMDB page is here: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0100442

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom