Good Digital Interconnect

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by bass007, Apr 9, 2004.

1. bass007

bass007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hi I'm looking for a good digital Int. was considering the Nordost Silver Shadow or the new Chord Company Signature for use between the dvd player and AV amp.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The best value for money is the interconnect made by Mark Grant which can be found in the powerbuy forum. As used by loads of happy forum members including myself.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,071
    Actually the best value for money is probably one made yourself. The question wasn't about value for money though I think it it was about performance.

I'm afraid I haven't heard either of those against each other. I have heard the signature digital incon and it works. I would suggest that you find someone who can let you borrow them on sale or return. The cables Ian refers to should also be considered even althogh they are much cheaper. In my experience, good Belden RG59 or RG6 spec cable, fitted with crimped on 75 Ohm RCA's or BNC's from a company like Canare should give excellent results. (This is what Mark Grant does I believe)

Gordon

4. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Mark does use the above top quality components, price and service (and customisation to desired length) is excellent, so only his craftsmanship is the remaining factor. The one he made for me looks superb, and I would bet he can outperform any factory for quality control.