1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good deal on PWD6?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GStormcrow, Aug 17, 2005.

1. GStormcrow

GStormcrow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hey everyone

Just got off the phone from Richer Sounds in Belfast. How does this price sound for a display model Pwd6, tabletop stand and scart input: £1000

I was a bit concerned with it being a display model but I dont think it will be much of a problem provided the screen was looked after in the shop. I am travelling up from dublin tomorrow to have a look at it. It's reserved for me if I want it so is there anything I should look out for when I go up tomorrow.

Also I dont have sky digital or anything like that, just a regular coaxial pipe connection. Is there a connection already on the screen for this or will I need another input board?

What kind of warranty do I get with this screen?

2. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    hi m8,

i would check to see how many hours it has been on for - quick search on here will tell you how todo that.

Also if its been left in dynamic mode then this is the harshest setting and depending on how many hours the screen is done could be a no-goer.

to get a connection with coax your need the mediabox which will be more expense - and not that great. Saying that im wondering if you could use a DVD recorder to take the coax tv signal then scrart from the recorder to your scart board on the panny.

Dal