Good deal on a budget System

phardy

Novice Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned already but the onkyo AXV-690 is currently £279 in the best buy closing down sale. Basically its the Onkyo 509 receiver with a 5.1 speaker system so seems a good deal. Well I've bought one anyway.

snapon

Novice Member
I might be going for the onkyo 6405 package at £479 . Its the 509 reciever with the 628 speaker pack .reciever is £280 seperate and £280 for the speaker pack seperate but £479 as an all in one deal and includes speaker cable but im still also thinking of going the 509 with different make of speakers or even the sony 820 plus speakers but still undecided !

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The 690 appears to only have a passive sub which would turn me off it a bit, although it does seem a good price.

Joeka101

Standard Member
Hi mate, do let us know about the sub! I'm really thinking of buying this too. Are the speakers the onkyo speaker package or are they random generic speakers? (it's hard to tell from the website!). Could you let me how good it sounds with movies? Nice and immersive I hope! Cheers. Joe.

BobbyMac

Banned
Just remember that Best Buy are'nt an official Onkyo retailer (and will be out of the UK by Jan 2012) so any warranty claims may be frought with problems

Joeka101

Standard Member
Though legally, is warranty with retailer or manufacturer?

More to the point how does it sound guys?! I'm on the brink of ordering but need your opinions to be sure!!

Joe

Last edited:

BobbyMac

Banned

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom