Good Deal? KDL40V2000U (Best set below 1k?)

smomeyd

Standard Member
I've been looking for an LCD set for my parents recently, and I've seen an offer for a KDL40V2000U from Play.com for £899. Is this a good deal?

I'm looking for a set which handles SD to a good standard, as well as HD material. But at the moment SD is the greater priority for them.

I've also seen a Toshiba Regza 42C3030DB at John Lewis. It's tempting as it's from John Lewis and the guarantee is a piece of mind. But anyone have any opinions of this set compared to the Sony?

Thanks for your time.

STOWITBELOW

I too saw this offer, & thought I'll subscribe to the thread to see what the iteligencia say. I seem to recal the Bravia engined Tvs are better thought of than the others.

marcstang

I've been looking for an LCD set for my parents recently, and I've seen an offer for a KDL40V2000U from Play.com for £899. Is this a good deal?

I'm looking for a set which handles SD to a good standard, as well as HD material. But at the moment SD is the greater priority for them.

I've also seen a Toshiba Regza 42C3030DB at John Lewis. It's tempting as it's from John Lewis and the guarantee is a piece of mind. But anyone have any opinions of this set compared to the Sony?

Thanks for your time.

Also consider the KDL40S2500 as it is identical in specification to the 40V2000 in every way.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom