Question Good dash cam (with support)?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Hadouken, Jul 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hadouken

Hadouken
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When i replace my car i think i'll get a new/different dash cam to the one i currently have (hence why i'm not merging the question in this thread with the next thread i'll be posting).

My dash cam (Mio Mivue 618) was what i'd call ok (until the current issues with it). I wouldn't call it anything special.

Now that it's developed issues though i'm looking for help and there appears to be no support online. Maybe you can contact the manufacturer but it appears bloody difficult to do so - so this is something i'd like as an option with a new dash cam.

Another slight gripe i have with the MiVue 618 is the image quality. I personally think that if you're fairly close to something then it'll pick it up ok but failing that just the image quality is a bit disappointing in my view (no pun intended).

Another gripe i have is it seems to focus a bit on the slow side. I don't know how easy that is to sort with a new camera but i'm just throwing out things that i'm not impressed with here that i'd like improved on a new camera.

Finally the colouring. My windscreen isn't tinted but the colouring doesn't seem very sharp. It's quite dull. I've listed this last as it's the one that concerns me the least.

I wouldn't have a specific budget in mind but i'd prefer to not be spending £500.