Good DAB radio for £100?

kempstar

Hello

I am looking for a good DAB radio for my Mum for Christmas, budget is £100. Can anyone suggest a good one to buy?

Many thanks
Christian

kempstar

Thanks for the quick response :)

How does this one compare with the Evoke 1S, which looks a lot nicer, and I think the looks might be important to my Mum :D

Christian

N.Dean

Do you need the controls & display on the top or on the front? Do you need FM too? Do you need stereo? Do you need an external aerial connection?

kempstar

I dont really know the answer to those questions im afraid!

The instructions I got from my Dad were "buy Mum a DAB radio, so she can listen to the radio in the bath".

So I guess the main criteria are-

Easy to use
Can run on batteries - assume this in standard, but a rechargeable battery pack would be good
Looks decent

Thanks everyone for your replies so far

N.Dean

Sorry: more questions.
What stations does she want to listen to? Are those staions available on DAB in her house?
A friend of mine bought his mother a DAB radio for Christmas. She looked at it and asked how to get MW. It turned out that she wanted to listen to a local BBC station which wasn't ( still isn't ) on DAB and of which even the FM reception is poor in that area. He kept the DAB radio for himself and bought his mum a new MW/FM radio.

formbypc

and I'll ask too; what does she want to listen to?

If it's just to listen to Radio 1, 2, 3 or 4 in the bathroom, then a battery FM portable would suffice just as well, and probably get better reception

Trending threads

Top Bottom