Good Combination? - Pioneer amp with Wharfedale Evo 10

Sicton

Standard Member
Reaction score
Okay, ultimately I want a THX sound system for movies, all kinds of music and playing games.

I've just seen the amazing deal on the Wharfedale Evo 10 speakers (which I've wanted for a while anyway) and was wondering if they would be well matched to the Pioneer VSX2014i. Would one be too good for the other or anything like that?

I'm also thinking of initially just buying two speakers and then expanding. Would it be best to expand by buying a sub, centre speaker or rear speakers to begin with?

Cheers

Can anyone help with this, or offer an alternative for the money please?

Thanks in advance.

*bump*

I'd really like some advice if anyone can help, or suggest why noone is helping instead! Did I post this in the wrong category?

The combination is fine in theory, with the caveat of how the system sounds to you. The Pioneer is an excellent amp, but wouldn’t be my first choice as a musical amp.

I don’t think the Evo’s are THX certified, so your THX sound system is not going to happen (no big deal in my view).

After the Evo’s, I would get the sub, then rears, then centre (provided that the Pioneer can run a phantom centre). Which needs to be offset against the Evo’s being discontinued, and you would need to find a matching centre, and perhaps none will be available at the time of purchase.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom