• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Good Cinema/ATMOS Speaker Combination

IMF2000

Hi, I am thinking about the following speaker setup and wanted to know what people think of this combination for music + 5.1/7.1 with atmos up firing KEF R50 or similar.

Not sure if mixing the speakers is a problem or not, I like the Radius 45 for the size.

I have not heard or demo'd any of these yet so that will be next stage if people think the combination sounds about right.

Yamaha RXA-1050

B&W CM8 S2

B&W CM Centre S2

B&W ASW10CM S2 Sub

Monitor Audio Radius 45 - surrounds

KEF R50

Thanks!

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Personally I would want all the main surround speakers to be the same make and model hence I would get B&W surrounds and not MA ones. I would prefer the CM series as surrounds but could look at the M1s as a compromise if size is an issue. B&W are not known for making good value subs so I would get a BK Electronics one instead or if you want to spend more an SVS one instead.
Can not comment on the Atmos speakers as I have not heard them. Again I would tend to want the same make at least in terms of these speakers but not sure how critical this is.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom