Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Good choice?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by chicken balti, Sep 20, 2004.

1. chicken balti

chicken balti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought my daughter a Sony P93 to replace a Sony U30 I bought her for Christmas (she's only 11). The reason for the change was that the U30 gobbled up batteries as all shots need to be taken with the lcd on. The P93 has Sony's Stamina batteries which last a hell of a lot longer than the ones in the U30. Anyway, I decided to have a little play with the P93 and found I quite liked it's compact size, image quality, weight and features which are relatively basic but more than my daughter is likely to need. Point and shoot is a term that could have been specifically designed for her but I on the other hand was looking for something a little more advanced to replace my aging Olympus.

I decided to look at the rest of the Sony range and quite like the P120. I would prefer to stick with a compact as it is easy to drop in a pocket or a bag plus the P120 offers several advanced features over the P93 which would suit me better. Portability, decent images, convenience of point and shoot with the added ability to be a little more creative when the situation arises are my main requirements. Is the P120 a good choice?

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  3. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Of the three the S50 is a looker but there doesn't seem to be much between it and the P100 which is basically a P120 minus the leather case, spare battery and black clobber. In fact the Sony might just have it. And Memory Stick ain't so bad, got a 256mb Pro myself for £44! None too shabby.

4. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was trying to find a reveiw on the P20 (indepth) The S70 it out already. The S50 is really well featured. Whats the limit on memory sticks

5. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SanDisk do a memory Stick Pro in 1gb for £147 or thereabouts.